This international workshop in Bangkok, Thailand, brought together activists, researchers, practitioners from diverse civil society organisations from 22-23 January 2015.
The workshop was part of our collective organisations’ on-going work to raise the policy visibility of the intersection between women’s unpaid care work and their access to decent work. It was a chance to hear from people around the world about their work to make care visible.
In 2015, the Sustainable Development Goals will be negotiated and finalised; this meeting was an opportunity for us to reflect on what more needs to be done to ensure women’s paid and unpaid care work is addressed in the SDGs and beyond. This meeting was also be an opportunity to also share national and international advocacy actions leading up to the March 2015 59th Session of the Commission on the Status of Women in New York, US.
Why an advocacy workshop?
Join the conversation
- Follow #unpaidcare on Twitter.
- Follow us at @IDS_UK for updates from IDS staff direct from the event
- Email us your comments, thoughts, reports, presentations and we will upload them here
- Find out more about the issue of unpaid care work elsewhere on Interactions
- Sign up here to get workshop reports and feedback